Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Space claim volume for a rotating part

Status
Not open for further replies.

gpommer1

Agricultural
Apr 2, 2012
US
I'm working on a tire assembly and have seen other models that have created a volume to represent the entire volume the tire covers as it rotates from lock to lock. I'd like to use this for interference checks without having to increment the tire degree by degree. Any suggestions?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If it's a component in an assembly, pattern it through a range of those positions. While the instances will overlap each other, you can identify visually which positions interference with the rest of the assembly.

David

I believe you can create a motion envelope which can be saved as a part with mechanism design extension. I don't have it so can't verify. This is under the Simulation functional area in the help system, don't waste your time searching for it in Assembly!

----------------------------------------

The Help for this program was created in Windows Help format, which depends on a feature that isn't included in this version of Windows.

Maybe you need Behavioral Modeler as well.

----------------------------------------

The Help for this program was created in Windows Help format, which depends on a feature that isn't included in this version of Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back