Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Spaceball 5000 USB on Windows 7 64 bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

gwubs

Industrial
Oct 10, 2002
Anyone using Spaceball 5000 USB on Win 7? There is no official driver as far as I can tell. 3Dconnexion forum indicates that the XP64 bit driver should work. Anybody out there who can verify or deny this?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thanks Anna, we do not have Win7 machines yet, so I wondered if anyone else can tell me whether this is a show stopper or not.

If using a person's name is offensive I do apologize...
Maybe I wasn't clear in my original post. Is anyone using a Spaceball 5000 USB on Win 7 64 Bit? If so are you having problems, and what drivers are you using? We are getting new machines and I just wanted to find out whether we can still use our 5000 USB's.

Oops, sorry gwubs, I was distracted and forgot you were asking about the Spaceball. I just had the Win 7 part stuck in my head. [blush]

Not sure what you mean about the "person's name" reference though? My comment was to point out that Anna is using Win 7.

Are we confused enough yet? [bugeyed]

Ahh. The mists are beginning to clear now. I was worried that I was violating a forum policy by using a person's name instead of their user name on the forum.

We have had problems with the 5000 usb Spaceball and Win 7 64 bit. We got it working for a while but it just kept dropping the driver. We ended up swapping it out for a Space Explorer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back