Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Spaceball 5000 USB under Win7 and SW 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

gwubs

Industrial
Oct 10, 2002
Hi all,
Anyone running Spaceball USB 5000 on Windows7 and SW 2011? The spaceball works in rotation &etc., but no comands are availble for the buttons. Are there any drivers/plugins anyone has got to work? The 3DConexxion site does not list a driver for this combination. Maybe older driver with a newer SW plugin?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Try using the Latest Driver.
It should recognize the Spaceball 5000 as the device and even allow assigning commands to the ABC and 1-9 Function keys.

I loaned my Spaceball 5000USB to a friend so I don't have it on me to test.

Another thing you might consider doing is programming Alt+ Key combinations or Customize your SolidWorks Shortcuts for commands you wish to activate and use those in your 3dconnexion device custom functions.

Michael

The latest driver is not for the 5000 USB and the last 5000 USB driver does not work with SW 2011. It seems that 3Dconnexion is forcing the end of life for this product. I tried the older 3DXWare with the newer SW plugin (this approach used to work for say 2010), without success. The spaceball will rotate the model, but it is not possible to program any of the buttons :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back