Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Spec or manufacturer for J149P05 nuts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KirbyWan

Aerospace
Apr 18, 2008
US
Howdy all,

I'd like to look up nut J149P05 but I can't figure out if this is to a spec like an NAS or MS number to from a specific manufacturer. Specifically I found this in SB 78-1070 for a CF6-80C2 blocker door. Could someone point me in the correct direction for a spec or data sheet? Thanks,

-Kirby

Kirby Wilkerson

Remember, first define the problem, then solve it.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You may want to check the AIPC, I found a CFM international as a vendor for this p/n. This part does have an NSN 5310-00-164-6417. You may be able to find out more by using this as a cross reference. Hope this is of some use.

I believe that this J149XXX is a GE Engine Spec part. i had a similiar issue for similiar JXXXXX Nutplate - a few years ago. Contact the GE Rep (or the GE Help desk) & request the spec sheet. Because of the Engine Temps & conditions - they require a higher standard on the hardware / fastener mfr / Temp range / lube finish etc. - I suspect they originate an internal spec sheet with approved venders etc. Contact the GE reps / or have the Aircraft owner contact them.

Thanks. I think learning that NSN system is probably a good idea. And since this is a GE product I think edmeister is probably right. Thanks to both of you for pointing me in the right direction.

-Kirby

Kirby Wilkerson

Remember, first define the problem, then solve it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back