Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Specific table properties

Status
Not open for further replies.

wermok

Industrial
Sep 11, 2003
SK
Hi everyone,

I would like to know how can I make table from assembly where I used one component 4-times but I need show in table only twice. some kind of filter

Thanks for your help.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi Wermok,

This is how I would do this, modify the pattern, so that you see all required dimensions for this pattern including the QTY in the Pattern. Then enter family table without cleaning the screen, add dimension and pick the QTY of the pattern, this now shows up in the family table. Just enter the QTY you want for each indance.

Tofflemire

Even if your question si kind of confusing, you can control any drawing (or assembly) by showing/not showing components using family tables or Simplified Reps. Using View --> Drawing Models you can pick and add to your drawing any instance or simplified rep.

im4cad
Pro Design Services, Inc.

Probably you want a Bill Of Material table (BOM)? Follow me:

1- Create a BOM table, define the repeat region and put the following text in the repeat region as following (use the TABLE -> ENTER TEXT -> REPORT SYM):

| rpt.index | rpt.qty | asm.mbr.name |

2- Set the attribute of the repeat region to NO DUPLICATES.

Now the table will show all the components in your assembly with the assembled quantity. But you don't want to show the quantity of 4 for the component having name 200-12345 (example) but a quantity of 2!

3- Click TABLE -> REPEAT REGION -> RELATIONS -> click on your repeat region and EDIT REL:

IF asm_mbr_name == "200-12345"
QTY = 2
ELSE
QTY = rpt_qty
ENDIF

4- Close and save the releations and go back to TABLE -> REPEAT REGION -> SWITCH SYMS.

5- Now in the TABLE menu choose ENTER TEXT -> REPORT SYM -> click on the second cell of the reat region and choose:
(from the right menu of PRO/E) rpt... -> rel... -> USER DEFINED -> QTY

Your table should be like this:

| rpt.index | rpt.rel.qty | asm.mbr.name |

4- Done. Go back to TABLE -> SWITCH SYMS.

Now you should see the quantity of 2 (instead of 4) for your part. For the other componets, the qty shown in the table are the right values.

I hope this is what you want to do.

Good luck
-Hora

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back