Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

specifications for dismantling joint 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

AoA

Mechanical
Nov 8, 2008
AE
I have read about dismantling joints, posts on eng-tips as well. I am working on developing a document titled "specifications for dismantling joints" I need help what to be included, how much information is compulsory to be included. Anybody sharing such a specimen would be highly appreciated.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

some things that I can think are: size, flange rating, flange facing, material.
what other factors are important to mention in the specification for dismantling joints.

in addition to above: gasket material, bolts/nuts/washers material, tie rods material (here I am confused whether bolts nuts and tie rods are the same in this case?), coating type.
what other things need to be included?

Many manufacturers have prepared guide specifications for their items and make them available on their websites. I would give that a try. If you strike out with a particular website, contact that manufacturer's engineering department or a vendor that represents that manufacturer and see if they have an in-house guide specification they can share.

I have used manufacturer's guide specifications several times over the years as references for preparing technical specifications for items that our in-house specifications system didn't cover.

============
"Is it the only lesson of history that mankind is unteachable?"
--Winston S. Churchill

I will propose to look ; ANSI/AWWA C 219 Bolted Mechanical Sleeve Type Couplings ,AWWA C207-13 Steel Pipe Flanges and
VJ dismantling joint data sheet file:
///C:/Users/user/Downloads/Dismantling-Joints-4”-40”AWWA-VJ-DS-0320-P114-115.pdf

and combine them..
The spec should include=
1.0 SCOPE
2.0 DEFINITIONS
3.0 REGULATIONS CODES AND STANDARDS
4.0 OTHER REFERENCE DOCUMENTS
5.0 TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS ( Operating Conditions, Design Service Life, Design calculations and drawings, Design Pressure, Materials of Construction , Manufacture , Inspection and Testing ( Visual Inspection and Dimensional Check , Non-destructive inspection ,Pressure Tests),Coating and Lining Tests ,Test Records
6.0 Packing for Shipment and Storage
7.0 DOCUMENTATION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back