Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Specs for Construction Elevator

Status
Not open for further replies.

charliealphabravo

Structural
May 7, 2003
US
Hi guys,

I am doing some consulting for a client that erects and operates construction elevators. One elevator in particular is very old and I don't have much of the original literature for it. Does anyone know of a source, perhaps a library or association where old manuals and specs for this type of equipment might be maintained?

The elevator I am researching is the Alimak Scando 5000 and it was probably constructed in the 70s.

Thanks in advance.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hah. I was born in the 70s so I guess I should think about how that sounds.

I understand from the previous project manager that we have exhausted the resources of the manufacturer but I am curious enough that I may try to contact them myself. I got the impression that they didn't support this particular model of elevator any longer and do not have any documentation to supply.

Thanks.

When I hear that kind of reply from a manufacturer, I think of two possible reasons right away:

1. Something is not 100% about the design.
2. They want to scare you into buying something new from them.

To be fair, many OSH regs are going to point towards replacement in absence of the maintenance and operations manuals and records.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back