Florides : 0.5mg in 1L distill Water

Copper : 0.005mg in 1L distill Water

Lead : 1.3 mg in 1L distill Water

Can you please help in this?

Thank you
Harini krishna

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I can't see 10ppm of impurities affecting the speed of sound at all. Why do you think that it will?

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
P.E. Metallurgy

"calculate?"

I think you mean do a test to obtain....

Remember - More details = better answers
Also: If you get a response it's polite to respond to it.

The speed of sound in a material is the speed of a compression wave, which, in liquids and gasses, depends on the speed of the molecules. So, primarily, the mass of the molecules and the temperature.

Seems like a water quality test that will be massively affected by tiny temperature changes. This is what the mass spectrometer was designed for and won't work well for field measurements.

This tells you that you are barking up the wrong water column:
A change of 1 m/s out of 1560 m/s for a ONE PERCENT CHANGE in salinity, which means you're unlikely to see much of anything for concentrations that are 10,000 times smaller, assuming you could even measure speed of sound that accurately. You'd also need to spend a few years generating the calibration tables needed.

Is this really for work? I'm finding it increasingly difficult believe these are all plausible work-related questions, since you and your company have seemingly done NOTHING in the way of even basic internet searches.

TTFN (ta ta for now)
I can do absolutely anything. I'm an expert! faq731-376 forum1529 Entire Forum list

Odd's on it's a homework problem.

It is a capital mistake to theorise before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts. (Sherlock Holmes - A Scandal in Bohemia.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back