Speed up heavy lifting jack operation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Costalini

Mechanical
Mar 23, 2017
GB
Hi,

I need help choosing a system, or enhance one that would be capable to accelare and de-accelerate a 5ton steel mass over 400mm in 10seconds....right now the existing system uses a lifting jack, motor and gearbox, and takes about 90seconds to complete the full operation...I am looking for suggestions and where to start to look at...new equipment...similar solutions...

BTW we are also trying to reduce the load to lift...But I am trying to stick to the worst scenario....

thanks guys

Luis

what is wrong with your current setup? What do you want to achieve which is different to what you are doing now?

You need to give a bit more information on what you want e.g. do you want to lift quicker?

Hydraulics or a counterweight are applicable. You need to work out the particular acceleration profile you want to see what maximum force is required.

Luis,

I would calculate how much capacity the current system, including lifting jack, motor, gearbox and structural linkajes, pivots, etc., has to resist forces nine times greater.

Because the system may only be able to handle a a portion of the additional load, you may need to re-inforce the jack structure or add one, as well as add a new lifting jack, motor, gearbox and electrical circuit.

"Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art." - Leonardo da Vinci

Start by calculating the current system and very that what you get is what the calculations show. Then it will fairly easy to choose the correct components to achieve the 10 sec goal. You may be fined that it is not possible with electrical system if you have space restrictions and/or current limitations. You need to be able to write the dynamic equations describing the motor, gear, inertias including the transient behavior of the motor. All that before adding the control system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back