Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

spent caustic 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilmers

Chemical
Jun 9, 2001
PE
Hi:
There is someone who has some information about systems to treat spent caustics from oil refineries.
Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I presume that you want to treat sulfidic caustic waste from the refinery, the majority of which is generated from the liquid phase sweetening units (i.e. Merox, caustic wash etc.) for LPG, naphtha/gasoline, kerosene and/or olefin clean up. The objective is to reduce the effluent COD and BOD levels which would allow the refinery to route the effluent to water works after treatment. Are you looking for the supply of a unit for this refinery.

I can only help you if there is a definite enquiry for this plant. I would require the following information:

1. Feed analysis (Na2S, NaHS, NaOH, Phenol or Sodium Phenate, Ammonia, Chlorides, DSO/Disulfide Oil, Na2S2O3, Cryselic Acid or Sodium Cryselate, Napthenic Acid or Sodium Napthenate).
2. Required throughput.
3. Effluent specification (COD, BOD, Na2S2O3, DSO,Organics).
4. Steam supply (>= 200 C) conditions.
5. RFQ to allow the vendor to quote.
6. Refinery name and contact details.
7. Availability of > 96 % w/w sulfuric acid from local suppliers.
8. Any kraft paper production plants within 150km distance of refinery.

We would be able to supply the complete plant (skid or stick built) or alternatively provide a Schedule A Detailed Engineering Package which would allow the refinery to utilize a fabricator of its own choice in the country where the refinery is located.

You can get hold of me at: courtneydehn@canada.com while I am out of Canada (will return mid December).

Courtney Dehn
Process Manager
TG Engineering Inc.
Calgary
Alberta
Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back