Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Spiral and rectangular ducts worksheet

Status
Not open for further replies.

mechWatt

Mechanical
Oct 16, 2013
RS
As title suggests, could anyone help me with providing literature for spiral and rectangular sheet metal ducts work sheets?

Basically, I need drawings for parts of the ducts (Tees, rectangular to round section, crosses etc.), in their 'laid out' form, before the bending etc., so I can send them to workshop and they can cut it from the sheet plate and manufacture the part.

Tried looking over internet with no luck so far.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

This seems like something that any sheet metal manufacturer should have figured out already. There are all sorts of intricate folds that I'm sure go into making each fitting, let alone there being differences based on different duct sizes.
Perhaps this is presumptuous, but I don't think this group of people holds the level of expertise on ductwork manufacturing that you are looking for.

@lukaiENG Thank you for your concern, but I used the workshop as an example, to better describe the type of literature/documents that I am trying to find. I am looking for them for my own needs.

@dbill74 Tried SMACNA, but had no success so far.

MechWatt,

Basically, I need drawings for parts of the ducts (Tees, rectangular to round section, crosses etc.), in their 'laid out' form, before the bending etc., so I can send them to workshop and they can cut it from the sheet plate and manufacture the part.

Don't even bother with this, send drawings of the finished parts that you want, with inside and outside dimensions and let the workshop figure out how to make it , they are far better at this than you since they do this every day.

Here is an example of such a company
B.E.

You are judged not by what you know, but by what you can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back