Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Spray Water System of HRSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrProjectEng

Mechanical
Nov 10, 2016
TR

What is the main purpose of spray water system in HRSG ??

There are two different type spray water thats INTERSTAGE SPRAY WATER and INTERSTAGE DESH SPRAY WATER; what difference refer it?

Thank you for your reply.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

When you are not running the steam turbine and dumping steam directly into the condenser you need to make sure that the steam conditions match those for steam exiting the turbine. So you use cold water spray to de-superheat the steam.
Too little spray and you will damage the condenser sue to high temp and thermal stresses, too much spray and the high velocity water droplets will cut right through most condenser tubes.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
P.E. Metallurgy, Plymouth Tube

Ed,

I believe that the OP is asking a question about the desuperheaters/attemporators that are part of the HRSG control system.

The spray system you are describing is similar, but is commonly called a "steam conditioning" system or something similar.

As is the custom in these fora, the OP seems to refuse to perform even an elementary search on his topic of interest

Here are my first two search results from GOOGLE when I use "HRSG" and "desuperheater" as search terms:

MJCronin
Sr. Process Engineer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back