Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Spreadsheet with calculations 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

spigor

Mechanical
Aug 4, 2006
PL
I'm looking for a post on this forum, where somebody said that a person named Emil (if memory serves well) might no longer be with us, because his website has been removed, but before that happened the author of the post had been able to save some spreadsheets from that site.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I do not remember that; did you try to look around using the "search" option on this page?
What exactly are you looking for? I collected some calculations/standards/books/magazine articles; I might have what you need.
Keep safe and healthy, fellow engineers!

Yes, I have spent some time looking for it with no success. But today I finally recalled his last name and was able to find that post. It's here:
I surprisingly find more and more people are no longer with us:
Occupant
gearcutter
israelkk

Thanks mfgenggear!
I really enjoyed these sites. I've seen a 66 MHz precessor requirement, pages last updated in 2015, DOS programs, DXF version 12. It was a nice experience, bringing back memories from the past. The spreadsheet (or, as it turns out, a little exe file) was just one of the things I remembered about that post I was looking for.

It's interesting to see a program completely ignoring the trochoid section of the tooth, simply replacing it with a straight line, which may lead to serious interference related problems, making that gear profile unusable. The program is online for so many years and no one ever complained?

Thanks gearguru for those interesting links!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back