Spring Problem - Inventor Pro 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

21Pom

Mechanical
May 1, 2010
AU
Hi All,

I purchase tailgate springs which I have managed to reproduce it using sweep and coil and am pleased with the outcome. It would be nice if it could be made to work correctly and come to the forum seeking help on how this can be achieved. The longest part sits up inside a piece of RHS and the shorter part sits hard up against a steel plate. There is a piece of round bar that runs through central part of the coil spring.

Best Rgds,

Dave R.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi rollupswx,

Yes I did try doing somrething like that using the the angle constraint on the longest straight part of the spring together with the ramp, but that wasn't very successfull. I haven't used the Inventor studio before but I'll give it a go.

Best Rgds,

Dave R.

Just model it in one state that works for you and forget about fancy "action shots".
I'd model it as it will fit/flex into the final assembly.. You could make it an ipart too and adjust angles via that if you must..
I've done that before 1 member is the "as purchased" part then another member is the "as formed in the assembly" part. Heck make a few at all different angles.

But there are numerous tutorials on generating "adaptive" springs,etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back