Sprinkler Requirement in Glass Vestibule

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarsMax

Mechanical
Jun 5, 2021
CA
Hi,

I've been reading but couldn't find an answer for this.

We have a new vestibule for a retail space on ground floor. New vestibule is surrounded by glass partitions with 11" high base below the glasses. The ceiling is glass as well. There are also electric base-board heaters that will be installed inside of this vestibule. I'm assuming they should be considered as "combustible items".

My question is do I need to provide a sprinkler head inside of this vestibule and which clause in NFPA-13 that I should refer to?

Capture1_kwnakn.png

2_fsbq4c.png

Thank you in advance. [smile]

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

cdafd,

I see, but I'm not sure if it is applicable for my situation.

I think my vestibule is interior? As it is inside of exterior wall while 8.15.7.2 addresses exterior projection, like a walking canopy?

cdafd,

Thank you. I'm pretty much sure sprinkler is not required within such glass enclosed space. Found some pictures showing similar full glass vestibule:

Just couldn't find a certain regulation about this.

Also the electric heaters inside make me a bit concerned. How can I stop the fire caused by the heaters inside?

This almost made the

2019 edition

(9.3.16 Vestibule) Sprinkler protection shall not be required within an entrance vestibule of noncombustible and limited combustible construction that does not contain combustibles and is 150 ft2 (13.9 m2) or less in area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back