Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ST2 Engineering Reference Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

diverblue

Mechanical
Jul 6, 2010
GB
Hi,

I am currently using Solid Edge ST2 64bit as part of a University project (I am more familiar with CATIA). As of recently I have encountered an issue with the engineering reference environment. When I try to access a model template e.g. a compression sping, the system displays two error messages. The first states

'check whether database is present in proper place'

The second is regarding the .NET framework. It would appear that solid edge simply can not find the database with the required tools to perform engineering reference. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Kind Regards
Ryan

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I realised a conflict with 'daemon tools' running on my system. For some reason the reference files (.mdf) were defaulted to open with daemon tools rather than solid edge. I don't know the exact ins and outs of why or how this happened. I did a complete unintall of daemon tools, along with a clean out of all its registry files, then simply reinstalled Solid Edge and everything was fixed.

I had previously tried reinstalling (before noticing the program conflict) with no result. Removing daemon tools resolved the issue. I would recommend going to the data directory, for me that's 'C:\Program Files\Solid Edge ST2\Engineering Reference\Data' and check what the .mdf files are defaulted to open with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back