Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ST5 Etching problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadMax78

Mechanical
Feb 1, 2013
US

Hi,

I have been having problems with ST5 etching for a while now, it seems to work intermittently. I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong and SE is less than helpful with providing me information as to what I could be doing wrong.

I have a part almost done, all I need to do is etch some information onto it. I lay and orient the text where I want it and select the etch command, when I hover over the text it does nothing. I have toggled between chain and single, changed the font, and replaced the text a few times. If I create a new part and place some text the etch command works just fine.

So I can etch the test piece, a basic square. The more complicated piece will not accept any text etching what so ever even when the font is identical to the test piece. SE gives me zero information as to what could be happening and its very annoying because I’m sure it’s something stupid simple. . .

Thanks for any and all help!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back