Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ST5 Parts List; Quantity, Cut Length and Total Length

Status
Not open for further replies.

1Khaleel

Mechanical
Jan 25, 2007
GB
Hello there,
I have a drawing of a frame parts assembly with a parts list that shows the quantity of each part used.
I'd like to change the quantity to show the overall length instead of a count of the parts.
When I change the table to show "cut length" and "total length" no values are shown in these columns.

Does anybody know how to populate these columns? or how to change the quantity measure unit from each to length?

Thank you.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hello

under parts list-> options ->pipes and frames check "create total length parts list " .
for the cut length and total length you have to have individual parts.

all ways an attach picture will help not sure what you mean exactly.

good day everyone

This is from Solid Edge Help

Create a total length parts list
You can use this procedure to create a total length parts list or a cut length parts list for piping or frame components. Total length parts lists show all members of a specific pipe or frame on the same row in the parts list. This can be used to produce a list of total lengths for purchasing.

That tells us that if you created the parts not using the piping and frame method then you can not use the cut length or total length BOM options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back