Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

ST5 "[Installation package is] not supported by this processor type" - is it Home Premium 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovalainen2

Mechanical
Nov 23, 2012
AU
Hey guys,

I'm running 32 bit Home Premium Windows 7 at the moment and just downloaded a copy my University gives us of ST5. When trying to install the program I'm met by this screen -

0Nbp9.png

Which says Solid-Edge 64 bit at the top. Is this what is causing me problems? On Solid Edge's own website you can see that it says 32 bit Windows is acceptable -

IF1NU.png

But nevertheless, this version says 64 bit at the top of the installer as previously pointed out - though I was never given the option of a 32 bit installer. Is this just named 64 bit but will install on 32 bit's anyway or do I need to get a different version somehow?

On that same image of the system requirements you can see that it doesn't list Home Premium as an acceptable OS for installation. I'd immediately think this is the problem as it is the only requirement on that list which I don't meet - however the error says -

tnc7h

Processor. Not OS.

Do I seriously need to get another version of Windows 7 to install this program? Or is the 64 bit thing the issue?

The only option I had when downloading the program was this -

hftZB.png

Not 64/32.

I cannot find the system requirements for ST4. Do you think that it would work on my system if I just installed ST4 instead?

Thank you!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Sorry, I can't find how to edit my above post to fix that broken image. The image is this -

tnc7h.png

If that doesn't work here is the link. It reads "This installation package is not supported by this processor type. Contact your product vendor."

Cheers

32-bit Solid Edge should install onto Home Premium without any issues. Just remember to disable UAC before attempting to install Solid Edge:

To turn off UAC on Windows 7, select Control Panel -> User Accounts -> Change User Account Control settings -> "Never notify".

Also as this is 32-bit Windows 7 you will need to modify your boot.ini settings to set the 3GB switch for optimum performance. Run the following command from the command line to enable the /3GB switch:

BCDEDIT /Set IncreaseUserVa 3072

-Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back