Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ST7 performance issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

blitz97

Mechanical
Apr 25, 2007
US
We recently upgraded from ST6 to ST7 and are seeing performance issues on some computers. For example, when changing from one part to another or going into or out of a feature edit command, the system freezes and takes a minute or two to complete the task.

Has anyone else seen this?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I have reinstalled ST7, updated graphics driver, updated spaceball driver with no effect. Latest thoughts are that I am having a memory issue as I only have 850mb free but 8gigs of standby with 3 gigs in use per the resource monitor.

There is a thread about this on the SE Community pages. An IR has been issued and development is working on the fix. It apparently has something to do with the new template structure when stored on the network. For those that can, they have put their templates back on their local drive (default) location and that has sped things up. The same goes for sheet metal gage tables and other config files.

--Scott
www.wertel.pro

We found a workaround by creating a copy of our file templates on everyones local computers and having our SE admin options file look for them there. This has fixed the problem for the time being.

@blitz97 - I wonder why the system would always have to look for/at template files every time you change windows on already open files?

@bshand - Good question. Something is different about ST7 where it needs to keep accessing the templates for any little operation. We have reported the problem to GTAC as well.

Just an FYI for those with window switching lags involving templates on a server:

It seems they have fixed the problem and will release it with MP4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back