Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Stability of API Standard 650 Tank Shells, McGrath

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmyhutmacher

Mechanical
Jan 11, 2011
US
Does anyone have or know where one could find R.V. McGrath, “Stability of API Standard 650 Tank Shells,” Proceedings of the American Petroleum Institute, Section III—
Refining, American Petroleum Institute, New York, 1963, Vol. 43, pp. 458 – 469?

I've searched high and low and this one is hard to find. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Try contacting API directly.
I've got a copy here, but it's a pretty pixelated scan already, and I think scanning it again, much of it would be illegible. I think I got it from API directly, though.

You might also ask them for Bulletin 2U second edition published in 2000 "Bulletin on Stability Design of Cylindrical Shells"

Thank you for the responses.

IFR's - Heads up, just found API Bulletin 2U on Techstreet.com and there's a 3rd edition out in 2004. Just bought it.

JStephen - Luckily the U of M library by me has the "Proceedings of the American Petroleum Institute,1963, Vol. 43" in high density storage. Just requested it yesterday, should have it in a week.

JimmyHutMacher - Thanks for the update on 2U. Still pretty old, but it science does not changd (much).

Do you know if the U of M allows copies to be sent to other engineers (like me)? My copy was a blank DOC file - it must have been lost over the years...

I'm not a student, so I can't take the volume home but they said I could scan as much as I want on site. My guess is that I can send it to another engineer, but I'll check and if so, I'll gladly send it to you.

Can you tell us more details of the specific task that you are involved in ?

A solved example would benefit us all .... No,.... you do not have to reveal the client

MJCronin
Sr. Process Engineer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back