Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Stabilizer Legs or Jacks -- supplier?

Status
Not open for further replies.

okeng

Mechanical
Jun 14, 2003
US
I'm looking for recommendations (positive or negative) for a supplier of hydraulic stabilizer legs or stabilizer jacks. We have made them in-house for various applications, but would love to find a good source and quit rolling our own. Most of the projects I've run into where we need these are small-volume production (5-10 machines a year).

My immediate need is for a pair of jacks for a small drilling rig, and they need to handle about 30,000 pounds per pair.

The companies that popped up on a brief search are PowerPacker and CraneOutriggers.com. Anyone have experience with either of these?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I was going to suggest a crane-outrigger supplier, and from the list of contacts you found, that looks like one of the potential sources. Be aware that ordering from a supplier will mean you can't "customize exactly" the support capacity, extended and retracted length, or mount configuration. But the final cost - even for an "over-big" jack - will likely be lower than custom-fabbing that few a number each year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back