Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

stabiltiy studies and protection coordination

Status
Not open for further replies.

simatic7

Computer
Jun 24, 2009
AU
Hi all
Very Good Morning
As far as I know PSSE and DIgSILENT two best software for load flow, short circuit , dynamic studies and protection coordination studies but having these two software is a question of big money and straight away jumping to this is not going to give in sight knowledge of what we are doing.
For amateurs like us , of course there are some software but as a general engineer who wants to do some calculation on hand so that it will provide a kind of general knowledge when I moved to using softwares . Because If I straight away using the software , if doesn't give me the in sight of what I am doing ? Can anybody give me a good starting point so that I can start from a example (complete example of radial and ring both together) so if I go to using software, may be I know or I can do with in sight knowledge which will be durable.

1. Actually I want to do protection coordination study but if I could have a studies of radial and ring together as a simple example which may be we could do with manual calculation ? then if I moved to software it would have been easier and I could have better in sight ? so does any body know single example with both of them

2.I want to have a good literature on dynamic stability studies ? like transient and modelling of generator, excitation system, governor and protection coordination next ?
if any body can help me out

If anybody knows good literature pls suggest me

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

There are several good references on protection and coordination here: faq238-1287

Alan
----
"It’s always fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back