Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Stack draught fluid calculations / design

Status
Not open for further replies.

spacebeer13

Mechanical
Jul 31, 2014
PT
Hi,

I would like to perform some fluid calculations for a stack design and i would like to hear some opinions about my own calculations.
I've started from scrath, therefore as a start for this thread i would like you to comment my attachment with a simple natural convection situation, where i made a formula deduction to calculate the draught, based in bernouli's equation.

Hope to hear some opinions!

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=9e308a21-aa92-4792-8dee-940c2ca14ab3&file=Natural_draught_1.pdf
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The calculation is detailed in the B+W book "Steam " 41st edition page 25-6, simplified to SE( inch wc)=Z*(Da-Dg)/5.2 where Z= stack height, Da= air density, Dg= fluegas density. It becomes an issue on units that use a wet scribber, as the scrubber exhaust temp is only marginally hotter than ambient air. That situation makes is difficult to meet NFPA purge requirements following a trip of the fans.

"Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad "

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back