Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Stainless Steel / PTFE Lined Pipework

Status
Not open for further replies.

AVcadman

Mechanical
Feb 20, 2002
GB
I am looking for standards and or details of suppliers
For SS Lined pipework.

Any pointers

thanks in advance

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Corrosion Resistant Products in the UK do it.
I think any of the PTFE Lined Pipe companies will do it if you ask (3P, Fluorocarbon, Flexachem etc).

I have not used it myself.

Good luck.

Fpr plastic lined SS, size range is 1" nom. pipe size to 24" nom. pipe size. All material is flanged with Class 150 or 300. DIN, JIS, and other types of flanges are also available. For more questions, please contact me at mferg@resistoflex.com.

AVcadman,

Just a quick note...

Remember when you are designing and specifying PTFE systems, you will be getting shop fabricated FLANGED spool pieces. This means the following:

- More flanged joints in the system ( and potential for leaks) This is a big consideration for toxic and/or expensive liquids.

- Virtually no "field adjustment" of pipe lengths.... this means your equipment must be on-target in the layout scheme and no last minute field layout changes. Insist on dimensioned spool piece drawings for all piping components.

A PTFE lined piping system must be designed, dimensioned and installed with great care so that there are no field surprises at final fitup time. (Its not like every other carbon steel system....)

The Crane RESISTFLEX people are very helpful....

Just my opinion.....

MJC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back