Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Stamping parts within Solidworks??

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjlasota

Mechanical
Feb 28, 2019
US
We do a lot of work with stamping at my business and are currently using a stand alone 3rd party software to simulate flattening, generating tooling, etc. The complexity of stamped products, especially files given to us from customers generated in a different software, requires us to have this different software to flatten these products.

Solidworks World’s vendor floor would be the best place to take this question, but since that’s out next year, thought I’d reach out to the forum.

Many of our stamped parts give different material thicknesses depending on where the materials is deformed and that’s(in my head) not easily recognized in Solidworks. Are you aware of any add-ins for Solidworks or 3rd party software that would help us flatten these types of products which are supplied by other software? The one software I’ve heard of is LogoPress3 which is certified Gold from Solidworks. Are there any tools directly created by Solidworks that would accomplish what we need, or are you aware of other add-ins out there?

We're currently running SW 21 Premium so if this functionality is already part of what we have, where do I go?

Goals:
- See what the flat looks like of a stamped part
- Die generation
- Simulation on how much material on a roll we end up scrapping

Brandon LaSota
CAD Engineer
Modineer

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Why are you hung up on "created by SolidWorks"? If it works, it works. Who cares where it came from?

Logopress and Blankworks work as addins within SolidWorks. Get them through your VAR.

No reason to wait to see on a convention floor when you can get trial versions now.

@TheTick, I'm not hung on created by SW, we're just hoping to standardize our softwares as much as possible. We've picked SW as our parent software and we currently own bending softwares, nesting, Catia, Inventor, NX, ect. We're cutting all that out and trying to stick with as least amount of software as possible. Hence, the question if SW had something already built in with the capabilities.

I'll check out Blankworks, I haven't seen that yet.

And I was just mentioning SWW because the last time I was there, it would have been the optimal place to speak face to face with vendors on their capabilities and what our needs are.

Brandon LaSota
CAD Engineer
Modineer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back