Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Stand-Alone Sketch and Materials assignment

Status
Not open for further replies.

MCC1966

Geotechnical
Jul 30, 2006
CA
1-I am not clear with the manual regarding what is the use of Stand-Alone Sketch:e.g how it is incorporated into the part or Assembly module.
2-When I want to assign different materials to a specific part or assembly I just partition them and then assign sets for these partitions and then materialize them.I am finding this way tedious. Any easier way to do so please?
Sorry from ABAQUS expert if my questions are basic
Thank you

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

A stand alone sketch (ones you create in the module called sketch, or ones you rimport using File-Import-Sketch) can be used the next time you need to use a sketch. E.g. when you are creating a sketched partition, a part extrude, a cut, etc. Just choose "Add-Sketch" and you'll see a comtainer of sketches.

The tidy way to assign materials is to do as you have done, ie. create sets and assign the materials to the sets. It's easier to check them then in Viewer when you look at the results. Being lazy, it's easy, but messy, to just pick the cells from the screen and assign the materials that way.

corus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back