Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

standalone usb license 64bit xp

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobijnD

Mechanical
Dec 4, 2008
BE

I have standalone usb licenses on xp 32 bit computer, but I want to transfer them to a 64 bit xp.

When starting nx7.5, it will start up correctly but nx gives a message to select the correct bundle. When looking at the bundle selection, the correct bundle is selected...

I've contacted Siemens support, but they didn't have a solution, except transfer to CID number or installing 32bit xp.

Does someone have a workaround/solution?

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

does the license server point to the license file - yes
daes the bundle selection tool work - does it show the license? yes
Is the bundle selected.
Is the Ugs_license_bundle enviroment variable pointing to the select bundle?
open a command prompt and type set u and enter...

Is the USB driver software for the license key installed as a 32 or 64 bit app?

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."

Ben Loosli

Thanks for the reply,

@uwam2ie
yes to all questions.
I use the same bat file with stored at network.

my bat file:
set UGS_LICENSE_SERVER=C:\UGS\UGSLicensing\ugs_usb.lic
set UGS_LICENSE_BUNDLE=NX11100N
set UGII_ENV_FILE=U:\Unigraphics\envNX75\ugii_env.dat
"C:\UGS\NX7.5\UGII\ugraf.exe"

It seems nx7.5 recognize the license but not the bundle. Because nx starts up, but an message to select the correct bundle.

@looslib
I've also downloaded the latest drivers from sentinel website, is suitable for 32bit and 64bit. Also used the special 'removal software' (ssd_cleanup) to fully remove everything and installed the drivers again.

Anyway, thanks for your help

type %temp% into the url line of you file explorer.
look for the latest *.syslog file in the folder.
Open it in the editor and examine the log for the problem.
regards

NX 64bit will not work with a USB dongle. It is not supported and there are ERs to request support. 64bit dongle drivers do NOT work.

If you use the 32bit version of NX with the 64bit dongle drivers it should work (All the systems I have seen & tested do work). Again this would be unsupported.

I have asked the question many times and no one at Siemens can answer. When will dongles be supported by 64bit NX?

Dongles were supposed to be phased out and then that was changed so that they would work in the standalone config only with the release of NX6. It was changed so the Top Secret/Black projects where no network cards are allowed could have a method to license the product.

If 64bit is the way of the future how are those non network card systems supposed to use 64bit NX? No one at Siemens has been able to answer it for me. I logged ER6362093 for a customer almost a year ago and there has been no change. If 32bit works why can't 64bit work either?

Anthony Galante
Senior Support Engineer

NX4.0.4MP10, NX5.0.0->5.0.6, NX6.0.0->NX6.0.5, NX7.0.0->NX7.0.1 & NX7.5.0.32-> NX7.5.2.5, Beta NX8.0.0.15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back