Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Standard for Marine Tank Barge Loading Terminals & Barge Mooring Loads

Status
Not open for further replies.

brockjd

Structural
Apr 23, 2008
US
I am designing the dock and mooring structures for a marine oil loading terminal on the Ohio River. The specifications for the project state that design must meet the requirements of Oil Companies International Marine Forum (OCIMF) "Standards for Marine Tank Barge Loading Terminals". Its out of print and I can't find it anywhere. Does anyone know where I can get a copy?

I am also looking for a reference that gives barge mooring loads for design of the mooring dolphins. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks for your Help

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Some other references are:

TM 5-850-1 manual establishes criteria for guidance of Corps of Engineers personnel in the planning and design of proposed military ports.
Unified Facilities Criteria UFC 4-150-06 12 December 2001 cites and supplement existing government and commercial standards for design and construction of harbor and coastal facilities.
UFC 4-152-01 handbook provides basic design guidance for pier and wharf construction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back