Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

standard headwall design? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cherie

Civil/Environmental
Jun 7, 2004
US
I checked APWA and LA County standards for a standard headwall design, but didn't find anything. I've never designed a headwall before, but I would think it would be simple enough that there would be a standard design for it somewhere.

Does anyone know of a standard headwall design I could use? If not, would it be 6" thick concrete? What kind of reinforcement would it require? Thanks.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Did you chk with your state dot? Here in AZ we have std details including headwalls for culverts. Check out ADOTs website.

Same with PA DOT. Go here:

click "Doing business with PennDOT", then choose CADD resources. Just sign up and you can get all there standard details free but they are in Microstation, so you will have to convert. This will give you a detail which will almost always pass in PA, even municipal reviews.

But first, check CalTrans and/or CalDOT. I would be suprised if they don't both have one. That way you will be in compliance with CA standards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back