Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Standard tools for assembly / installation of equipment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AGTB

Electrical
Nov 24, 2005
MX
Hi all,

This question may sound a bit silly but being my first project I had to ask.

The assembly stage of my project (A 390 MVAr Static VAr Compensator) is nearby and I need to know what may be considered as standard tools and equipment for this stage.

The equipment to be installed consists of twentyone 20.5kV reactors with different current and inductance ratings, one 144 MVAr 3-phase capacitor bank, two sets of filters, seventy current and voltage transformers (for measurement and protection), aluminum tubes for the buses, four sets of thyristor valves, one cooling equipment (the pumpskid alone is 5 Ton) and several cubicles for control and station services. The assembly of the rest of the equipment (i.e. power transformer, circuit breakers, etc..) is to be considered by our colleagues overseas.

So far I have considered a 25 Ton crane, a forklift truck, torque wrenches, drills, circular saws for the aluminum tubes and welding stations (hired with the welder and assistant) but I think I am still missing a lot of equipment and want to be sure to consider everything before submitting the list as any change further in the project may result expensive. Also, my boss told me to consider the crane for the 2 months the assembly is scheduled to take but I feel that is too long and we may be wasting money there, any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Agustin.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

AGBT, 2 months were pretty long while having that stuff such crane, forklifts, etc. A better planning is a key player on your project.

Sometimes things aren't easy when you'll just have to guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back