Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Standards for connectors

Status
Not open for further replies.

CostasV

Mechanical
May 29, 2003
GR
Hi all,

I am looking for standards about connectors for hoses e.g. quick connector. The material of the hose is PTFE braided with stainless steel. The maximum pressure is 400 kPa. The liquid is tetraydrothiofene (THT).

Thank you in advance.

Costas

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Costas,

I'm assuming that you're talking about about relatively small bore hose, starting at 10 mm but no bigger than 30 mm. Connectors/couplings in this range are usually proprietary and subject to patent protection. There are no codes specific to self sealing quick couplings. If a connection is threaded, the thread will usually be machined to a standard form. Testing is usually done to meet industry norms, eg test pressure at 1.5 times maximum working pressure.

I don't know if this is relevant to your situation but if the coupling has an elastomeric seal, either as the main seal or as a back-up, always check that the seal is compatible with the fluid being carried.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back