Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Start A waterCAD Model/Analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

niibii

Civil/Environmental
Oct 18, 2006
US
I have been tasked to start a smaller model/anaysis of a distribution network out of a larger one with waterCAD. Concerns are fireflows. Can someone tell me where to start from? Some developers are geting on the network. Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I'm sorry but your question is not clear. Do you have a large WaterCAD network and you need to look at just a small section of it? Or you want to analyze a small section of a large network using WaterCAD?

Are you looking for help with using WaterCAD or with the modeling procedure. (i.e. How to handle the points where the network is cut.)

I do not know what is usually done. Can anyone educate me on the best way to go about it. I already have the distribution ntwork in WaterCAD (not created by me). There is a plot of land which is going to be built up. Options are to resize some pipes in that section or put in a pump to meet fire flows. Any help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back