Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

starting ug in model mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrianM4x4

Mechanical
Mar 22, 2001
CA
Is there a special command to force ug to start in Model Mode instead of drafting
The last save I saved in drafting and its a big drafting sheet with lots of views
Now when I try ond start I hit the 1.9gig limit on the processes and I get a storage memory error while trying to load the drafting sheet in UGNX3

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I'm still on NX2, but here are a couple of things to try.

Sounds like you have a large assembly file - uncheck load components, open the file, switch to model mode, then load components.

In NX2 if I'm in model mode and open a file, I remain in model mode even if the file was saved in drafting (maybe this is a setting? not sure). So you could open a small part (or start a new empty part), switch to model mode then open your large file.

In a new session of UG, the first file you open will open in the mode in which was saved.

Opening a known small file or creating a new one and switching to modeling is a tip I have given our designers for years.

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."
"Fixed in the next release" should replace "Product First" as the PTC slogan.

Ben Loosli
CAD/CAM System Analyst
Ingersoll-Rand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back