Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Station output file

Status
Not open for further replies.

tanzer

Civil/Environmental
Feb 7, 2003
US
I am attempting to output point information to a text file that is sorted by station and includes

Station,Offset,point#,elevation,description,northing,easting

Does anyone know how to accomplish this?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

In Land Development desktop 2i, station alignments for roads and other utilities can be created. These have a stationing value distance which equals distance along the feature and then an offset value which tells a perpendicular distance to a given point from that feature(example: alignment = centerline of a road, offset from that centerline would be a point at the edge of the street.) This information is easily obtained using the Alignment pull down menu. This outputs sorted Station and offset values and the civil point #, description, and elevation of a given point into a text file. It does not give the northing and easting corrdinates for the point.
I am trying to have a station sorted output file that includes the northing and easting values as well as the other values. Without having to output two seperate files and then attempt to merge them in Excel or Access.

I have a program on my web site called CAD2File. This program outputs properties of entities to a text file or an excel file. I am not aware of the entity type that you are speaking of. It must be a block with attributes or the program is attaching some Xdata to the entity. ??? If you want to, send me a copy of the entity and I will add it to my programs ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back