Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Steam Flowmeter 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperCat

Chemical
Oct 18, 2021
ID
I've installed vortex flowmeter for steam flow with initial design of superheated 45kg/cm2 and 400c temp. However, the temp now dropped to 240 and pressure 37kg/cm2. I checked now that the steam is bo longer superheated, how should i adjust the setting in flowmeter? because the density is now jumping to 800 kg/m3

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

There's likely to be configuration settings for

- fluid > steam > saturated or superheat

- Density: setting for the density at reference operating pressure and temperature reference conditions.

- % water mass in saturated steam

- Density calc for saturated steam, saturated Temp; saturated Pressure

The device manual will have the configuration menu

Thanks for your reply, if it is an orifice, did I need to change the orifice sizing or can I only compensate the error with P and T transmitter?

The volumetric flow calculation for the dP generated by the now-current design pressure and temperature have to be re-run for the present orifice plate with its bore. The URV of the dP transmitter has to be changed to whatever the calc determines.

The conversion from volumetric flow to mass flow is done with absolute pressure and temperature measurements and calculation.

For orifice, why is it not enough to just use P/T compensation embedded in flow comp? At which point do I need to adjust URV or resize the orifice bore?

Whenever the pressure and temperature design conditions change, then you need to recalculate, adjust or resize because the reported flow is based on max DP at max flow at design conditions and your design conditions have changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back