Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Steam puffer

Status
Not open for further replies.

ducati1

Mechanical
Nov 7, 2007
US
Hello,

I need to find a product that can provide a small burst of steam (very little) for a household application. This product would ideally be activated by a photoeye and be powered by either 110 VAC or 12 VDC. It would need to work fast (no long pre-heat time). I do not know what to call such a product. The most describing term I can think of would be Steam Puffer.

If such a product does not exist I was wondering if someone could guide me to a development partner.

Alternatively I could use a photo eye activated cold water spray device.

Thanks,
U. Kristiansen

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hello IRstuff,

Thanks for your quick reply. By fast i mean that it should provide the steam puff (alternatively water spray) within 5 seconds from being activated by the photo eye. The amount of steam (alternatively water) would be very small. Just 0.02 - 0.03 liquid oz.

Hello,

No this is not school work. I work myself as a General Manager in the packaging industry. I am trying to develop a small appliance for a household applicatino as my own project on the side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back