Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Steam Turbine Equivalent Operating Hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

dickinbl

Mechanical
May 15, 2015
US
Hello,

I am currently investigating a health indicator on a fleet of steam turbines. Our gas turbines come with parameters for "Equivalent Operating Hours" that take into account things like hot starts, cold start, hours online at low load, etc....I would like to perform the same calculation for steam turbines. Does anyone have experience making this calculation? What parameters were used?

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Equivalent operating hours are an attempt to account for cold, warm, and hot starts, in addition to the hours accumulated in normal operation.
Depending on who you talk to, the definition of these terms are different so it is important that what you understand as a warm or hot start may not be the same as someone else. (Especially going from gas to steam)
These calculations are very routine in order to calculate useful remaining life in turbines, and I have experience in it myself.

For what steam turbine components are you looking at? And yes, it does matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back