Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Steel Bridge Girder Design Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kramer

Structural
Jul 22, 2002
US
I am building structural engineer taking a graduate level steel bridge girder design class. We are using a very old shareware program (DOS based) to perform the analysis of the girders and then transferring the information into an EXCEL spreadsheet to plot the moment and shear envelopes. Is there a better, more up to date shareware program available to perform this analysis? We are using AASHTO LFD standards.

Thanks,
Kramer

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi Kramer:

You could try a very powerful U.S. software called (Robot Millenium) and it's got a free version (Freeware). You can download it for free and have it activated by e-mail or by an 800 phone. Their website is:
I, myself, am currently using it for bridges and buildings design in my company here in Canada and it is, of course, useful in USA. Good luck with the software.

Another option is to download a software called (Visual Analysis, version 5.5) and it's a very user-friedndly software. I used it before in a consulting firm in Ontario, Canada and it proved to be very handy and easy to learn. You can download it free for a month and if you like it you could buy it (website address is: It's not as expensive as Robot Millenium.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back