Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Steel pipe transportation through concrete sleeved tunnel 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJStrange

Civil/Environmental
Jul 5, 2005
GB
Hi folks, new guy alert :)

I'm doing some AutoCAD work at the moment and have been asked to find details of a supplier of... well that's the problem - what do you call these trolley-like devices that can be fastened to a steel pipe so that it can be fed through the length of a concrete sleeved tunnel?

I've already drawn one of the devices to the required spec, in longitudinal view (looking down the pipe's length), it resembles a clamp with fingers arrayed around the pipe circumferance to keep it aligned centre-bottom of the sleeve, insulated from the concrete. However, there is also a clamp with three jockey wheels bolted to the bottom, to transport the pipe along the sleeved tunnel as it is welded, I have searched the internet trying to find a supplier, but I think there must be a particular name for this device, as my searches have proved unsuccessful.

Would anybody be able to help me by identifying this device, or giving me a selection of names for it that I can search for a supplier with?

It's frustrating that I've drawn this device a number of times to different specs but never known it's proper name!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

A google search for casing spacers turned up a lot of hits.

pipelineseal.com
farwestcorrosion.com
apsonline.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back