Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Steering column torque fluctuation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shivam16

Mechanical
Jan 4, 2023
IN
Hi,
I was trying to find torque fluctuation of steering column using MSC adams. I am getting error "simulation failed". I have attached the bin file please open in Adams view. Thanks.
Error message:
Capture20_bfxylp.png

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Yes but I didn't just edit that in existing structure, I made the entire assembly from start using new hardpoints. I just followed the same method.

OK, dark arts time. ADAMS solver doesn't read your model, as such, first it is compiled into a big text file called whatever.adm . Export the adm file of the model that works, and the one that doesn't. Use Beyond Compare or gdiff to compare them. If you are lucky they'll have the same structure, and the only differences between them is the marker locations. Another option is to run through the models with the graphical topology tool and hope you can spot a difference.

The other option is that your new hp are bad and cause the mechanism to lock up in some new and interesting way.

Cheers

Greg Locock

New here? Try reading these, they might help FAQ731-376

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back