Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

STEP export problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhyder

Mechanical
Apr 22, 2005
US
I have just installed Pro/E on my new HP workstation and I think I may have missed an option or something during install. I had to setup this new workstation myself and installed Pro/E from the company file server which went without a problem. The problem started when I was asked by my supervisor to export a couple of files to STEP format. It was at this point that I realized that I do not have a STEP export option when I go to "File->Save a copy". Everyone else in my office has the same copy of the Pro/E installed with the same config.pro file and they all have the STEP export option. Am I missing something? I would really appreciate any help.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Reinstall Pro/E and be sure to select the translators option.

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."
"Fixed in the next release" should replace "Product First" as the PTC slogan.

Ben Loosli
CAD/CAM System Analyst
Ingersoll-Rand

I had this problem a while ago and was told by our IT dept that not all of our Pro/e licenses carry the same functionality and exporting as a STEP file was one of them. I had to keep logging into Pro/e hoping to grab a license that would allow me to create a STEP file. It was a crap shoot but eventually worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back