Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

STEP7 Instalation Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

cesarm

Electrical
Dec 6, 2001
VE
I am installing STEP7 V5.3 on my PC. The Operating system is Windows XP SP2. When i run the Setup.exe program, a window about i have to restart the PC appear. What can i do?. The complete text of warning is: "There are data on your computer which will be deleted the next time you restart the computer. This may lead to problems if you reinstall the software. Restart Windows and then start Setup again". Help me please!!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If you haven't restarted your computer try saving the files you are interested in into another directory then you will have them even if the originals are wiped out.

I've installed it several times recently and haven't had those problems.

I'm just guessing but you could try turning off antivirus, security, etc.

You should call Siemens tech support.

--------------------
Bring back the HP-15
--------------------

I had the same problem recently, it turned out its because I had an "cleanup" application running when the laptop shuts down and siemens wanted this unloading before it would install correctly

Also, the siemens drivers will want to take precedence over everything else in your laptop. If you have Logix or something like that on there, they'll be fighting all the time.At my work, we don't even mess with that anymore, seperate comuters for diff apps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back