Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Step7 symbol or address search?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xJAyx

Electrical
Oct 29, 2003
CA
I'm programming in Step 7, for the first time in a couple years. I'm pretty rusty, but it's nothing revolutionary.
I'm editing an existing program that a colleague wrote. I can't remember how to search for a symbol or address throughout my FB blocks.

Can anyone help me out with this?

Thanks in advance.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I found the option to do this. It is in the Simatic Manager, under Options->Reference Data->Display, then select cross-references. A list will pop up with all objects in it. This list can then be filtered to look for whatever you want.

Hi,
If you are in the FB or FC, you can pull down the edit bar and do a find with the text you are looking for (I usually use partial strings to be generic). You can right click on the contact if you find it and follow the pull down GO TO > Location. This will get you a pretty fair cross reference. You can get the I/O addressing out of the hardware config. If you don't know where the bit is located I then use the described Options pull down. A little more filtering and your there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back