Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Stormwater Treatment Control Measures for Residential Subdivisions - California

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsheldon

Civil/Environmental
Dec 21, 2016
US
Has anyone had any success applying Stormwater Treatment Control Measures or LID measures on a typical medium-density housing subdivision in California, more specifically Stanislaus or San Joaquin County? With a typical lot being 50'x100', it seems to be difficult to treat and retain the required stormwater volume. We have tried to propose bioretention areas at the front of the lots, but ran into many conflicts with dry utilities and required street tree requirements. Just curious to hear about a success story that both the developer, utility companies, and city have agreed on.

Thank you

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I see bioretention basins installed in various places around where I live in Riverside, California. Are you referring to storing and treating water on individual residential lots? If so the only thing I see that most likely partially treat the water sources is a grass swale in the front yard which most modern properties have now. Most housing tracks (if I am understanding you correctly) have one large drainage, storage structure, that all the lots feed into. Typically its tied to a pre-existing storm structure that leads to a maintained channel which I believe somehow exempts you from at least having to balance your pre and post existing conditions. Treating the water is something else. Check your local regs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back