Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Straight run requirments for various flow meters 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

cornejoi

Chemical
Oct 24, 2002
CA
Hey guys, I'm preparing a table my piping group so that they know ahead of time what the straight run requirements (upstream and downstream diameters) are needed for the different flow meters that we will be installing.

Can anyone guide me to where I can find a good place to look up these refrences?

In particular:

Magnetic Flow Meters
Thermal Mass Flow Meters
Turbine Meters
Ultrasonic
Venturi
Flow Nozzle
Wedge

Thanks!!

Much obliged.

--Igor

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

PD meters aren't an option. It's not that I don't believe in them or anything, but I'm in an engineering consulting firm and I'm doing a project for an end-user(end-users are companies like Shell, BP, Imperial Oil, ect). End-users ALWAYS have prefrences on what type of meters they prefer. Their prefrences are usually based what the instrument mechanics like to fix (or will fix) and what has worked for them in the past.

--Igor

You have to go through the manufacturers installation manual for finding the straight length requirements .For certain flow devices like orifice plates,venturi,flow nozzle you have to refer Std ISO 5167.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back