Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Stress test in steel pipes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vfigueroa

Structural
Aug 2, 2005
PR
Does someone knows something related to the different stress test performed to steel pipes or any good reference for information?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Not sure, but are you inquiring about methods to perform condition assessments for in-service process pipes?

If so, this can be performed. There are various technical articles on the internet and nondestructive testing (NDT) web sites that you can review that would provide basic information regarding condition assessment methodology. Typically from my experience, you have 3 levels of assessment – Level I begins with a review of the piping system past and present operating conditions, problems and materials of construction. Level II assessment would be NDT based on the Level I assessment results. The NDT would be performed by a qualified organization.

Based on the Level I and Level II assessment results, the Level III assessment usually involves removal of material samples that are subjected to laboratory analysis or creep testing to evaluate remaining service life of the process pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back