Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

stresses in a circular cross section

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lenimech

Mechanical
Dec 3, 2012
BE
Hello everyone!

I am working on abaqus and I face a problem. Do you know how can I plot stresses in a circular cross-section? Thank you!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Would you like to view stresses at a particular node/element? Or would you like to see a color map cross-section of your model with colors representing the values of a given stress component?

To do the latter, create a view cut and specify the plane, cylinder, sphere or isosurface you'd like to investigate. See section 32.2.1 of the Abaqus/CAE User's Manual, "Creating or editing a view cut."

If you selected "S" as a field output option for the elements of interest in your input file, use the rewind/fast forward/back/forward buttons to go to the appropriate output step of interest and make sure that you've chosen to visualize the desired stress component (S11, S22, S33, S12, S23, S13, pressure, Von Mises, etc). Once you've made your view cut you should see a heat map of the desired stress component across elements in that cross section. Good luck!

- rogersma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back