Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Stretch not picking up blocks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dryjoint

Electrical
Feb 2, 2005
GB
Just changed to acad2009. The stretch function is not picking up blocks. Everything else within the right-to-left sweep is stretched, but blocks get left behind. Is this just a tick box somewhere? Any help much appreciated.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Blocks will not stretch. You need to unblock all of these
before stretching. If you have that many in one drawing,
you can redefine it by unblocking one, stretching it and
redefine the block.

If you are using a plain window (not a crossing window) and the insertion point of the block is not within the window, it will not pick up the block.

Thanks for the replies. Dinjin, I'm aware that unexploded blocks won't stretch; it's just that when included in a stretch-invoked window, they will change appearance to denote that they have been covered, but remain in the same position on the drawing when the stretch operation is made. IFRs, I thought that, too, so I zoomed out to see if there were any "remote" signs of life when the block was clicked-on (a little indicator square way off somewhere) but this isn't the case. I'm very baffled.

Back to basics. Layers off or frozen? Layers locked? Grips within blocks on or off? When you click the block is the insertion point shown and can you use the insertion point to move the block? Block in the same space (model or paper)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back