Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Strikethru font in Creo 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgallup

Automotive
May 9, 2003
US
In the past (WF4), I was able to load a font called Strikethru which did exactly like it sounds, put a horizontal line through the middle of all the characters. This font is identical to the default font font with the strike through. We do this when we have a note or line in a table that is obsolete.

Now using Creo 2 it says that "Font strikethru.ndx.ndx can not be loaded". There are 3 Strikethru files in the Creo 2.0\Common Files\M100\text\usascii folder:

strikethru.fnt
strikethru.ndx
strikethru.src.

No strikethru.ndx.ndx.

I think these are the exact same files as in the proeWildfire4M170\text\usascii folder.

Did PTC change their font definition? I tried deleting the .ndx file thinking Creo could regenerate it but that did not work, it just complained that it did not exist.

Tried searching their help system, it was worthless as usual.

----------------------------------------

The Help for this program was created in Windows Help format, which depends on a feature that isn't included in this version of Windows.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Creo will not ask for .ndx.ndx unless someone changed a configuration somewhere and used that. Look at the .dtl files and the drawing template options to see what fonts are being mentioned.

.ndx files are config files; they tell Creo how to interpret fonts and Creo cannot recreate them.

Creo ships with an admin and install guide; these cover the management of fonts and fonts need to be in place before starting Creo. That's why discussion of the .ndx and .fnt files are not in the Creo help files.

If this was a problem as shipped by PTC it would have been extensively reported in the Creo Community.

The strikethru font was never supplied by PTC, I've always just put the files in with the standard PTC fonts and they worked with previous releases. By default, all our drawings use the brilliantly named PTC font "font".

I'm trying to change the text style a line of text in a table from "font" to "strikethru" and getting the error. So PTC has changed something in how they handle fonts. I'll look in the admin & install guide, IIRC there is a way to get the software to compile the .ndx file from one of the other files. I thought just deleting the .ndx file would do it but obviously not.

----------------------------------------

The Help for this program was created in Windows Help format, which depends on a feature that isn't included in this version of Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back